Artist In Residence: Australian Street Illustrator Miso
Captivated by art as a means of bringing communities together - from street art to folk art, story telling to cultural images - and embedding them in the city, Miso is a 20 year old artist / illustrator residing in Melbourne, Australia, where she shares a studio with her partner Ghostpatrol.
Influenced by her Ukranian family roots, and Eastern European fairy tales, Miso aims to tell stories with her work 'passing on myths and folklore' plus recreating the everyday, from portraits of friends to random strangers - pasting all over the cracked, worn and weathered surfaces of the city which birthed these ideas, or recreating in gallery spaces.
See more of her work and find out more after the jump...
Using pen and ink, pencil, watercolour, paper cuts, embroidery, wood panels, collage and paper offcuts plus 'city walls, laden with tags, cleaned and weathered, rained on and cracked with time.'
For more on Miso head to cityofreubens.com | ghostpatrol.net
All artwork and images copyright Miso
Love this? Then check out more art and style stories on Nollie:
- VIDEO: behind the scenes of Billabong's Art Department
- Brandon Boyd & Kristin Jai Klosterman create Collaborative Canvas TOMS shoes
- Element Eden new season & events catch up
- First all female Volcom Featured Artist Series & Dashenka limited swimsuit - out now!
- What? Louis Vuitton skate deck & case. Yours for just $8,250!